Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hand Exercise

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It is a a bit challenging, and hard to stay focused without moving.  I have done this before and I know it helps you to use both sides of your brain, but, it is a bit difficult. 
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose pencil, simply because the work space I was in was not appropriate for the mess that charcoal would bring.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It felt like I had little to no control. It took a whole lot more focusing on my hand eye coordination.  It definately took a bit longer also. 
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
Yes, although the pics came out a bit blurry...not enough light...and with the flash it washed out the graphite...but I believe they came out pretty well.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

No, not unless I was using paint, and creating something abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment