Sunday, March 6, 2011

Art Makinig/Material Exploration #3

1. Installation art is a 3D piece of work that defines the space. The space can be entered, explored, experienced as well as be reflected up.
2. Any material that the artist chooses may be used in an installation. The options are limitless.
3. I think that installations are created to transform the space of the inside or outside world to the viewer.  It may be used to change the perceptions of the space.
4. I found the most interesting installation was created by Richard Wilson, in the video "Installation Art," where he turned the entire Arch Art Center into an installation.

A. I felt a connection with the piece on pg. 245 "Conjoined" created by Roxy Paine. The way that the steel almost creates an electrical charge in the middle of the installation was intriguing to me. 
B. I am going to be working within the Looking Outward: The Here and Now theme. I want to portray the life of an art student, the pressures of deadlines, the creative process.The space in which in it occurs for me.
C. I will use objects such as sketchbooks, pencils, erasers, my desk, my eisle, any artworks, and any other utensils I use for my art projects.
D. I am going to use the space I am using as a studio for right now as would be the concept of my project. I want viewers to experience as much of the creative process as I am able to portray.







After completing this project I realize that installations take a lot of time and thought, and are not as simple as the end result may appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment