Saturday, February 26, 2011

Logo

1. When I was creating my logo my first consideration was the name of the logo and what it was going to represent.  I wanted to make it as clear and concise as possible.  My concept was a glass headshop logo.  The name, Skunktail.  I then decided what type of lettering, and the size I wanted it to be.  Then when I began sketching different lettering, I came up with the idea to add an skunk animation to the logo.  When I started playing around with that, I figured I could combine the "s" and the skunk into one and it worked out. 
2. The creative thinking process was interesting for this logo.  My logo awareness was definitely heightened everywhere I went before I locked a concept down.  I felt like no matter what I was doing, getting gas, going tanning, I was critiquing and analyzing every local business's logo.  Once I chose a logo, I tried to pick colors that would elude to the headshop theme, and I chose black and green, which I feel were appropriate.
3. The most important discovery I made while creating this logo was that it was much more difficult to scale down and make all the lettering appear balanced.  I created it over and over, and it took a while for me to get the scale correct and uniform.




4. The most important information I learned from the media were found in the powerpoint project because it was a useful tool I could quickly refer back to while creating the project.  I liked the videos, but I forgot most of the information after I watched them.

No comments:

Post a Comment